Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Most people do it with a long bamboo pole, but if you’re cool


then you have a monkey to fetch you coconuts out of the tall trees. I was leaving to run some errands and looked over at the neighbors –who are usually doing little more than drinking whiskey- and I saw this monkey sitting on the back of a motorbike. The guys who, of course, were drinking, told me it was their friend’s monkey and that it was trained just for climbing up trees and throwing down coconuts. They sell the coconuts for a Baht a piece. As for the monkey, it looks like he gets meals and free rides on the motorbike but no whiskey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yo! can you mail me a monkey? i want me some coconut throwing primates to call my own...

also, glad to see you're doing well... and again, swing by korea!